Atlantic Rectangular Table. Outdoor Bar Stools And Table
Atlantic Rectangular Table
- In Euclidean plane geometry, a rectangle is any quadrilateral with four right angles. The term is occasionally used to refer to a non-square rectangle. A rectangle with vertices ABCD would be denoted as .
- Denoting or shaped like a rectangle
- (of a solid) Having a base, section, or side shaped like a rectangle
- Placed or having parts placed at right angles
- having four right angles; "a rectangular figure twice as long as it is wide"
- orthogonal: having a set of mutually perpendicular axes; meeting at right angles; "wind and sea may displace the ship's center of gravity along three orthogonal axes"; "a rectangular Cartesian coordinate system"
- The Atlantic was made by Atlantic AG fur Automobilbau, Berlin, from 1921 to 1923. It was a single-track car with two auxiliary side wheels and a two-seat tandem body. An air-cooled 2-cylinder 1.8/6.5PS engine was used.
- the 2nd largest ocean; separates North and South America on the west from Europe and Africa on the east
- Of or adjoining the Atlantic Ocean
- relating to or bordering the Atlantic Ocean; "Atlantic currents"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
- postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Postpone consideration of
- a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
VIFAH V189 Outdoor Wood Rectangular Table with Curvy Legs, Natural Wood Finish, 59 by 36 by 29-Inch
This Atlantic rectangular table offers seating for 4 or 6 people. The legs are specifically designed with curves to provide a unique look and feel to your garden. High Density Eucalyptus (or also known as Shorea in our line) is the premium grade of solid "Eucalyptus Gradis" hardwood, grown in 100-percent well managed forests in Brazil, certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council). There is little difference between High Density Eucalyptus (Shorea) and Teak when broken down to their core essence. The biggest attribute of High Density Eucalyptus (Shorea) is undoubtedly the strength of the timber. It's renowned for its excellent resistance to every day wear and tear. It is extremely durable and tightly grained to produce a desirable density. It remains unaffected by all variations in weather, especially its resistance to damp conditions makes itself extremely competent at combating insect attacks and decay. Comes in a Natural Wood Finish. 59 by 36 by 29-Inch
New York Public Library, George Bruce Branch
The striking brick and limestone George Bruce Library building is an excellent example of Georgian Revival-style civic architecture, designed by the prominent architecture firm of Carrere & Hastings. The firm is noted for the design of New York Public Library’s main branch building at Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street.
The George Bruce Library building is three stories high and four bays wide. The historic ground-floor entryway features an arched transom with Gothic muntins, and sidelights, and is flanked by historic copper lanterns and an ocular window above the entrance with a surround of bricks and a stone keystone. The black-and -red header brick facade forms a distinctive checkerboard pattern. The second floor has three large windows with flared lintels. The third floor has four smaller windows, each with a center keystone. The engraved stone frieze below the denticulated stone cornice is topped by a brick-and-stone paneled parapet.
The George Bruce Library is named for a Scottish inventor of printing machinery. In 1877, his daughter Catherine donated $50,000 for a library building and books in her father’s memory. Completed in 1888, the original George Bruce Library was located on 42nd Street.
When it was sold in 1913, the proceeds were used to build the current library located on 125th Street.
Carrere & Hastings designed fourteen Carnegie-funded libraries in New York. This commission was awarded to the firm after the success of the central library building. This library was designed shortly after the tragic death of Carrere and reflects the firm’s interest in English architecture.
The George Bruce Library building was designed in a rather free interpretation of Georgian Revival style, based on architecture from the colonial period that was found predominantly along the Atlantic coast. Elements typical of that style are: a stone water table and raised basement with prominent keystones above rectangular windows, and stone and brick exterior walls. Palladian windows were featured in some designs; however, Carrere and Hastings took this element and applied it to an exaggerated arched recessed vestibule on a secondary facade that faces what was once the Moylan Place entrance.40 Typical of this style, the secondary facade is usually similar to the main facade. Carrere and Hastings utilized this element, which is usually found in residential buildings, and successfully applied it to a public building.
The George Bruce Branch embodies Carrere and Hasting’s notion of urban libraries, expressed through the configuration of the facade and large windows, without overwhelming the residential scale of the neighborhood.41 This building is similar in design to several of the firm’s earlier Carnegie Libraries, such as the Hudson Park Branch in Greenwich Village (1906) and the Tremont Branch in the Bronx (1905). Like several of the earlier designs, the freestanding building is three stories high and four bays wide. The ground floor entrance with an arched transom is at the side bay. The building’s Georgian Revival features include the checkerboard brickwork, large arched entrance with Gothic muntins, ocular window, splayed brick lintels with stone keystones, and a simple but elegant engraved stone frieze below a denticulated stone cornice with band courses, topped by a brick-and-stone paneled parapet.
- From the 2009 NYCLPC Landmark Designation Report
Atlantic Puffin, Fratercula arctica
Atlantic Puffin, Fratercula arctica
slate coffee table
corner buffet table
disney princess folding table and chairs
coffee wood table
console end table
cheap glass coffee table
granite top kitchen tables
folding table leg bracket
coffee table book publishers